Options

IT Staffing Agencies

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey guys what do you guys think about me using IT staffing agency to assist with getting me employment with another country like USA or Canada? I know that they are well recognized by companies that would be willing to assist with me getting a work visa. Do you think this is a good idea and what would you recommend?
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Options
    ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Depends. I've had multiple agencies reach out to me over the years and I find that the recruiters are more concerned about their paycheck and rushing you into a job than actually taking the time to understand who you are and what your goals are.
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Agreed. Recruiters do have some benefit, just make sure it's a right fit for you as they are just trying to fill bodies and get a cut of your paycheck.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Thanks for the insight
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    RellyRaleRellyRale Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ive had more job placement success with recruiters and IT staffing agencies in my market. Its almost as if no one is hiring directly any more around here. My last two jobs were through some really good ones
  • Options
    Hey RellyRale do you mind telling who the recruiters were and If they could assist with someone like me who lives out of country. I'm from the Bahamas.
    RellyRale wrote: »
    Ive had more job placement success with recruiters and IT staffing agencies in my market. Its almost as if no one is hiring directly any more around here. My last two jobs were through some really good ones
    :

• Options
    RellyRaleRellyRale Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Its a bunch of them i get a lot of random emails of opportunities or random phone calls because my resumes are on the job boards. I would say most say they checked out my resume from careerbuilder. I dont know about out of the country but i see your cert list if you lived in the states I do nmot think you would have a problem landing something nice.
  • Options
    EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Remember that comments from people inside the USA are useless to someone who is trying to get a work visa (H1-B, etc.) to get inside the USA. Ultimately, you need to find a sponsor. In fact, if you qualify, I'd suggest avoiding H1-B altogether. There are other work visas available, see if you qualify.
  • Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Interestingly enough my experience has been the opposite; I've had zero luck with recruiting agencies, but no problems getting hired on directly.

Something to consider, at least one third if not more of the job postings are there just to collect CVs. Recruiting agencies are quite aggressive in that regard - they have to be since placing personnel is their business. The more CVs they have on file the more business they can get.
    RellyRale wrote: »
  • Options
    Interesting LordQarlyn I see that you are from Iraq have u tried to gain employment in America or Canada?
    :

• Options
    Thanks EANx I will have to look into seeing how I qualify for other Visas.
    EANx wrote: »
    Remember that comments from people inside the USA are useless to someone who is trying to get a work visa (H1-B, etc.) to get inside the USA. Ultimately, you need to find a sponsor. In fact, if you qualify, I'd suggest avoiding H1-B altogether. There are other work visas available, see if you qualify.
    :

• Options
    LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    LOL I am an American, on government contracts here in Iraq.

But given today's climate, I have thought about Canada lately lol...
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Interesting LordQarlyn I see that you are from Iraq have u tried to gain employment in America or Canada?
  • Options
    lol ok ok.........
    LordQarlyn wrote: »
    LOL I am an American, on government contracts here in Iraq.

But given today's climate, I have thought about Canada lately lol...
    :