Options

Pearson VUE Exam Sign-up | Associate or not?

ActiveXActiveX Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

When registering for the exam Pearson VUE asks the following question: Are you applying to take the Associate of (ISC)2? Yes / No

I have roughly 7 years work experience related to more than 2 domains and a IT Bachelors + MBA and am pretty sure that this will count.
However, what happens if I tick No when registering, pass the exam, get audited and ISC2 decides I don't have enough experience? Is all lost or will I automatically be downgraded to an Associate until I have the experience?

Thanks heaps!

Comments

• Options
    M0CAMB0M0CAMB0 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hmm I just registered for my exam 2 weeks ago and I don't even remember what I put. Your best bet is to contact them and let them know, worse case scenario they don't approve your experience but in no case will they remove your certification.
  • Options
    ITSec14ITSec14 Member Posts: 398 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would think that if you personally believe you have the required experience you just go for the full cert. If ISC2 determines you don't, I would imagine they just make you an Associate until you get the remaining requirement.

With 7 years experience plus having degree's, I imagine you will be fine though.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. As stated, say no as you believe you have the required experience. This is just PearsonVue's portal and it is (ISC)2's final say as to whether or not you are an Associate or a full CISSP. I would imagine that PV is gathering the information for (ISC)2 but in no way should it be used against you if they don't count your experience.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I put no when I did mine. I had about 5 years of experience in 3 domains and a B.S. and had no problems. I was endorsed by a co-worker.
  • Options
    SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would say no... you seem to have enough experience and the worse it can happen is that ISC2 decide you don't... so you get an Associate. The important thing is in your endorsement proposal, put into evidence your security experience, then it should be ok.
  • Options
    ActiveXActiveX Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot to all who answered. I will put No down.