Options

Passed eWPT

I finally got the results back from my eWPT exam. It feels great to finally have it off my shoulders. I purchased the course in February of 2016! Due to a crazy work schedule, I knew I would not be able to get to the course for quite some time, but I was prepared (and planned for the exam) by December of 2016. I had a few events come up, so I ended up missing my opportunity to take the exam at that time. Since then, life continued to get busier and busier, but I finally was able schedule the exam into my work schedule and managed to start the exam on July 22, 2017.
I actually had the main objective completed about halfway through day number 3. I spent the remainder of the time working on my report and hunting for more bugs. My report was uploaded on July 30, and I got my passing results today, August 16. It was definitely painful waiting to get my results, seeing as how my eCPPT results came back in three days lol. No complaints here. They clearly state that it can take up to 30 days.
The course was a lot of fun, and so was the exam. I considered webapps to be one of my strong areas before starting the course, but I certainly learned quite a bit and feel much more confident in my abilities. I do think I was a bit over prepared for the exam due to my enormous amount of time I had to study. The course labs are great, but after going through them a few times, I grew tired of them. I used vulnhub.com to practice a lot, and I am glad that I did. The report writing is what most people don't get very excited about. I created a basic report outline and a template for each vulnerability before starting my exam. This allowed me to fill it out as I was going through my testing. I installed a basic Kali instance for this exam and using Freeplane for mind-mapping and keepnote for note-taking helped me stay organized. My report came out to a little under 40 pages in length.

I hope I shared some helpful information for you. I do recommend the course if it is relevant to you in some way or another. Feel free to ask questions!
Thanks to Armando for evaluating my report!

Comments