Options

Taking 220-902 next weekend tips?

EMT760EMT760 Member Posts: 32 ■□□□□□□□□□
I already passed the 220-901, before starting my new IT job. I was wondering any tips for the 220-902? Specifically how much of it is Linux or command line? and etc?

Comments

• Options
    TykonTykon Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took it recently, Linux and other operating systems make up less than 24% as per COMPTIA. But I think it was far less than that. I had maybe 4 Linux questions and about the same amount of command line. Just keep in mind that no one gets the same test. It is very random. What study material have you been using?
  • Options
    davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tykon wrote: »
    I took it recently, Linux and other operating systems make up less than 24% as per COMPTIA. But I think it was far less than that. I had maybe 4 Linux questions and about the same amount of command line. Just keep in mind that no one gets the same test. It is very random. What study material have you been using?

The second time around, Testing for A+ again, 220-902, I was surprised to see DOS skills tested. NOTE: I did not say "command line interface", I said DOS. There is a difference. The command line interface contains only a small subset of DOS commands, in addition to some commands that did not exist in the days of DOS. I think I would have passed if I did not know DOS. But I was shocked to find I had to dig back in memory to about 1989 to answer some of what was on the A+ in 2017. A friend of mine (never A+ certified) had to get A+ 900 certified. After he passed 902, I asked him to tell me what he could remember of his 902 exam. Near as I can tell, he took the EXACT same exam I did. All the MC questions he could remember were questions on my exam. All the four PBQs were identical to my PBQs.

Based on that, I'd say...brush up on your DOS skills for 902.
  • Options
    I've been using professor messer for videos and reading his notes that you can download for 220-902. Using Test out PC Pro for simulations and Darril Gibson's phone based app for practice exams. But good to know.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tip: Get a good nights sleep the night before.
  • Options
    If you had DOS questions, you should write COMPTIA, DOS is not an exam objective. Which can be read on the COMPTIA website. PowerShall and COMMAND LINE both are. As far as a friend having the exact exam goes, you should play the lottery. The exam is adaptive, meaning it changes with the answers you give... Get something wrong and the next question will be on the same topic.

https://certification.comptia.org/docs/default-source/exam-objectives/comptia-a-220-902-exam-objectives.pdf
  • Options
    I passed guys!! I'm officially A+. Test was 80 questions long. I got a 770. I thought I did worse. Oh well. Now I'll be doing Net+ next!
  • Options
    davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Tykon wrote: »
    If you had DOS questions, you should write COMPTIA, DOS is not an exam objective. Which can be read on the COMPTIA website. PowerShall and COMMAND LINE both are. As far as a friend having the exact exam goes, you should play the lottery. The exam is adaptive, meaning it changes with the answers you give... Get something wrong and the next question will be on the same topic.

Nothing to write to Comptia about. I know most exam takers probably scroll through a few intro screens without reading them before taking 220-902....

But in the intro screens, it clearly states that you will be asked questions that are NOT related to the objectives that Comptia published for the exam you are about to take.

It also states that not all questions will be scored. So I am not sure if the DOS stuff changed my passing score either way. And yes, I am reasonably certain that me and my coworker took the same test. No way to know for certain without violating Comptia rules...

But based on what he told me of his 902 exam, there must have been at least 90% overlap compared to the 902 exam I took. We both have pretty good memory.
  • Options
    Congrats man, glad to hear it