Options

what type of questions to expect in sims?

sleemiesleemie Member Posts: 109
I'm not asking anyone to violate the NDA, but what kind of questions do the sims cover?

The show commands? configuring routing protocols? assigning IP addresses to interfaces? etc..

And please don't say yes to all as in be prepared for everything, unless the sims truly cover EVERYTHING. Just as with other sections, there's gotta be a scope for the types of questions on the sims, and my guess is that it's not everything that's taught in the prep books, that it's narrowed down a bit.

i've already looked at the sims sticky and visited the cisco tutorial.

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hard questions....

read the book cover to cover icon_wink.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    sleemiesleemie Member Posts: 109
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sleemie wrote:
    I'm not asking anyone to violate the NDA, but what kind of questions do the sims cover?
    Check out the exam blueprint and look for "action words" -- that should limit your scope.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    pizzafartpizzafart Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You'll probably do better to nail the basics of every topic rather than memorize and implement every extended command line argument. Though, no guarantees. The more practice the better.
  • Options
    gabrielbtoledogabrielbtoledo Member Posts: 217
    Usually there are 2 sims, you gotta get at least one right... otherwise you won't pass.
    Again, I have never taken the test, but I heard people saying that they got one sim wrong, but still passed. Anyway, sims are not mosters of other worlds, just a real situation. You have full access to any command (I guess), so do a show run first and look at your configuration. From there you should be able to know what to do.
    A+ Certified - Network+ - MCP (70-290)
    MCSA - CCNA - Security+ (soon)