Options

Which A+ books?

ziakoziako Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site. I am due to start A+ course (evening classes) in September. I was wondering if anyone who has completed the A+ course can give me any guidance on which books to buy for starting the course. I have seen a lot of people have been mentioning the Mike Myers book. Are there any others which may be of help to me? Currently working in a new role as a technician after transferring from a web development role. icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    if you have prior experience and knowledge of stuff covered by the exam you should get meyers a+ passport or examcram2. both meyers a-i-o and groth's book are highly reommended by many, and seem to be weighty enough tomes to cover most of what you will see in your exam.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    If you're in a job as a tech, you're one foot up already. That's a great education in itself.

I used Meyers's A-O-I. Liked it.

But, check out the book reviews on the online book sellers. I find that they're generally a pretty good representation of how useful the book is.

Best of luck.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    longshotlongshot Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am using A+ Passport and A+ for Dummies. I understand Meyers Style of writing (A+ Passport) better that how Dummies is written.

I also build and troubleshoot computers for friends so the hands on helps...I just need to know the correct names for the parts and more exactly what each does.

We will see how I turn out on Tuesday for the Core Exam.
    Webmaster: www.longshotdesigns.com
    Stunters Digital Artwork (It's halfway up now)