Options

How do you Prepare for an Interview With a Company President?

NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
I have been interviewing with an MSP. I did a phone interview, and then I did an in person interview.

The company has 30 employees total. I'm applying for a help desk role. I remember after completing the in person interview, the interviewer said he would send my info over to the owners, and see what they thought of my info and his notes. Now the president wants to meet me.

How do I prepare to do an interview with a company president/owner?

I feel that I asked all my questions in the last two interviewers. Will this be more of a approval meeting /interview?
When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
American inventor

Comments

• Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You can ask questions like, whats the plan for the next 5 years? I'm looking for a company that is growing so that i can also help it grow. What is the work life balance? What's the team like? Etc etc doesnt matter if you asked them previously to other people.
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Research the company. prepare questions for them as well.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Options
    518518 Member Posts: 165 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been interviewing with an MSP. I did a phone interview, and then I did an in person interview.

The company has 30 employees total. I'm applying for a help desk role. I remember after completing the in person interview, the interviewer said he would send my info over to the owners, and see what they thought of my info and his notes. Now the president wants to meet me.

I feel that I asked all my questions in the last two interviewers. Will this be more of a approval meeting /interview?

Although not a President, I interviewed with a VP of a private company with a size of 7,000. It was nothing but a formality showing how the management cares about who they hire. It was a casual conversation between the VP, Manager, Director, and myself. We ended up talking about my Military and contracting gigs. Basically, I was driving the conversation. After 15mins, VP said "I hope you decide to join our team as the Dir and Manager highly recommends you. Any questions?" My reply: "I dont have anything at this moment. Both the Dir and the Manager have provided everything I needed to know."

I figured, Im not interviewing for a Management role, pretty sure the VP had other important things to do. We probably just want to cut to the chase.

I interviewed and accepted the offer for a network engineer position.
  • Options
    ITSpectreITSpectre Member Posts: 1,040 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do your research about the company and prepare questions for the President

1. What constitutes success in this position
    2. What are opportunities for growth in this position
    3. Is there a knowledge base that I can contribute too while on the job
    4. Can you walk me through a day in this position

Wear a suit and tie or a dress shirt and tie... with nice shoes and pants. And bring copies of your resume.
    In the darkest hour, there is always a way out - Eve ME3 :cool:
    “The measure of an individual can be difficult to discern by actions alone.” – Thane Krios
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ITSpectre wrote: »
    Do your research about the company and prepare questions for the President

1. What constitutes success in this position
    2. What are opportunities for growth in this position
    3. Is there a knowledge base that I can contribute too while on the job
    4. Can you walk me through a day in this position

Wear a suit and tie or a dress shirt and tie... with nice shoes and pants. And bring copies of your resume.

These are wonderful suggestions.
    It sounds like a small company, where the owner may be the president/ceo. Being helpdesk, I would imagine they'd want to know who the face of their company is going to be for their customers. If you made it as far as you have, I doubt it'll be a technical interview of sorts. More likely a culture/social test to make sure there's nothing they object about and that they familiarize themselves with you. If you go in with the above questions, you should be good. It'll show initiative and interest in THEIR company, what Pres/CEO wouldn't like that?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□

Hire a private investigator to dig into the company president/owner's life. If you can get some good dirt on them, it will give you more leverage for salary negotiations. Knowing when and where his kids go to school is helpful too. icon_twisted.gif
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I've had success with "I know what you did last summer". That is how I got my current job. LOL