Options

Critique Resume: Always Looking for the next opportunity

Daneil3144Daneil3144 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
First time, I posted my resume - everything was wrong, which was sad, especially since I paid someone to assist with it.

The formatting, was wrong and having an objective statement/summary was 'self masturbation,' by one critique.

Was told to get rid of my coursework and that education needed to be at the end.
Was also told that my job duties were too vague and it seemed like I was trying embellish what I did.
So, I tried to buckle down and redo my resume and take that critique to heart.

There might be some more bullets I can add, but I think I have too many now...Maybe I should omit some or change ones out for others.

I know I'll have to change the education formatting at the bottom to make room for the Comptia Network & Comptia Cloud Essential which is next on my curriculum at WGU.

Thoughts?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3FlcaL7fzkyZ0tBUzFPU3BHQ0U

Comments

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I would write all job duties in past tense. Describe technologies used in more details with keywords. For example, what ticketing system used/ OS, etc

It may be just me, but I prefer to have education at the top.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Daneil3144Daneil3144 Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikey88 wrote: »
    For example, what ticketing system used/ OS, etc.

Great idea, more 'technology' that I can put in my bullet. Just looked it up.
    mikey88 wrote: »
    It may be just me, but I prefer to have education at the top.

That's how it was for years, until I made this career change. Then everyone on this forum and in the IT subreddits, said nope wrong!
    The order you list things in on a resume is always Experience > Skills > Education. No exceptions.

Meh, he has more experience than me...
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Maybe its just my view, but is the font in the 4th and 6th bullet point under your current job a little bigger than the rest?

Otherwise it seems fine to me. I like to add a couple sentences at the top of my resume about myself. Summary statement I think it might be called? But I know others that don't, so could be a personal thing.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It should be "CompTIA A+"
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would add a professional Summary. Keep education and certs on on the bottom, since you have experience.

Changes I would make:

-Move the first section over where you mention Team viewer. The bullet point seems a little off.

-Previous jobs should be in the past tense.. Provided,Maintained,Monitored ect....ect..

-Once you get more certs, I would have a education section and a education section.

Sometimes I move my certs up on my resume if a job requires them.

I think your resume looks really good!!
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor