Options

Online degrees that let you work at your own pace.

johndabomb44johndabomb44 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knows any colleges that have the material for all the classes ready day one and you can blow through it quickly to get your degree.

I wasted 5 years of my life at a normal university and I felt like I could do things way faster than what the instructors allotted. Does anyone have any experience with some of these online colleges on this forum that lets you work as fast as you can?

If so, what are the schools?

Comments

• Options
    jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    WGU is the most common here.

Other options include TESU, Excelsior College, Charter Oaks State College and Northern Arizona University.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Did you end up getting your degree?
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    There's also the University of Wisconsin Flex program: https://flex.wisconsin.edu/degrees-programs/information-science-technology/
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    jibtechjibtech Member Posts: 424 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Did you end up getting your degree?

If you mean me, I have two more exams. I am taking ICND2 for the CCNA on Tuesday. Then, I just need IINS for the CCNA:Security.
  • Options
    shoeyshoey Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I recently finished up my Masters degree from WGU: Below is a link to the post I put up.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/128096-wgu-msisa-1-done.html

Hope this helps. If you're motivated and want to get it done. It's a great school to go to. If you want more specific details let me know or shoot me a pm.
    "I have missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed." - Michael Jordan
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    In addition to those mentioned above, there is also Hodges University, Patten University, and Capella University. The latter two are for-profits. They all have an online model that allows you to progress at your own pace.

College for America (SNHU) also has a competency based program, but it is limited to certain employers and at this time they only offer Communications and Management degrees.

Their tuitions are also comparable to WGU.