Options

Passed the CISA

jg372jg372 Member Posts: 22 ■■□□□□□□□□
Yesterday, I took the CISA exam and the preliminary result indicated that I passed!

It was my first time taking an ISACA exam and my current job has me doing more audit work than I have done in the past so I wanted to get the certification. My work paid for an ISACA membership as well as the CISA question and answer database from ISACA's website.

I purchased it around April but did not start really hammering away on the questions until late July. My strategy (as my coworkers recommended) were to do all the questions that I had not seen yet first, then go back to the questions that I answered incorrectly. I was down to around 100 questions that I was not answering correctly and was consistently getting 60s on the quizzes. Was starting to get frustrated and a bit concerned as I was struggling on those last 100 questions.

A couple of days before my test, I did the practice exams which I got a 66 and a 75 respectively. Yesterday, took the actual exam and passed.

I only used ISACA's QAE database. My experience at work plus experience taking other certifications, specifically the CISSP, helped in eliminating 2 out of the 4 questions then making my best guess on the final 2.

Work will probably want me going for CISM next year. May try to do CCSP to round off the year :)

Comments

• Options
    jokkonjokkon Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jg372 wrote: »
    Yesterday, I took the CISA exam and the preliminary result indicated that I passed!

It was my first time taking an ISACA exam and my current job has me doing more audit work than I have done in the past so I wanted to get the certification. My work paid for an ISACA membership as well as the CISA question and answer database from ISACA's website.

I purchased it around April but did not start really hammering away on the questions until late July. My strategy (as my coworkers recommended) were to do all the questions that I had not seen yet first, then go back to the questions that I answered incorrectly. I was down to around 100 questions that I was not answering correctly and was consistently getting 60s on the quizzes. Was starting to get frustrated and a bit concerned as I was struggling on those last 100 questions.

A couple of days before my test, I did the practice exams which I got a 66 and a 75 respectively. Yesterday, took the actual exam and passed.

I only used ISACA's QAE database. My experience at work plus experience taking other certifications, specifically the CISSP, helped in eliminating 2 out of the 4 questions then making my best guess on the final 2.

Work will probably want me going for CISM next year. May try to do CCSP to round off the year :)

Hey there, thanks for sharing.

I am writing next week and only just started working through the database on Monday... Same here, getting 60~75. For all my attempts, I am now down to 80% questions answered. Your experience reassured me that I still have a shot at passing.

Do you find the actual exam easier than the database? The database asks some pretty weird questions. Also, how much does your IT background help you with passing the exam? My background is in financial audit but I do work on assessing ITGCs during the planning phase of all my audits. Although, I did have a short stint as an IT technician back when I was a student and got the A+ and Network+ certifications.

Cheers.