Options

Project: Plex Server/Media NAS

ice9ice9 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
Any suggestions for an affordable Open Source Plex Media Server setup for a home setup?

I already have (3) 3.0 TB NAS ready platter HDDs. Looking for a Drobo-Box type solution that is affordable for purchase.
What are the best home media AVC forums these days with guides/tutorials for novice media types?

My setup in the house is (2) Windows 10 PCs, One Windows 10 laptop, and a Kodi Android Box already connected to the LED TV.
All media right now is spread between multiple SSDs and on computers.

Thanks!

--Ice

Comments

• Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    All I used was an old i7 with 16 GB of RAM and 7 TB of storage. The OS of choice was Ubuntu but I eventually moved over to Windows 7. I also have a BD-R drive. I am thinking of a low-power setup going forward but haven't found anything that qualifies cost-wise.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Nik 99Nik 99 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I use Ubuntu server running samba to share my 2x 5 TB drives across the network to windows machines. Also running plex media server on there so that I can access from computers and media streamers on the tvs. Everything open source and runs on old hardware: i3 540 3.06 GHz, 8 GB DDR2 (upgraded ram to try going with virtualization too. Could probably work with 4GB only just fine).