New MS Press Book 70-291

grover77grover77 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Anyone know what they have changed?, added?

I have the first edition and was wondering if it was worth getting?.

thanks
:)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735622884/qid%3D1147086294/026-9585553-3945203

Comments

• 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    Might have to check this out at the book store. Here is what is listed off Amazon.

From the Publisher
    Key Book Benefits: - NEW—Fully reengineered study guide written by exam-certified authors - NEW—Deeper, more focused coverage of exam objectives and sub-objectives—plus instructive case studies and troubleshooting scenarios to enhance your performance on the job - NEW—300 practice questions on CD, with a test engine that enables customized testing, pre-assessment and post-assessment, and automated scoring and feedback - NEW—Complete objective-by-objective review section, plus a tear-out exam-mapping grid - NEW—Exam tips based on real-world test experience - NEW—120-day evaluation version of Windows Server 2003 - 15 percent exam discount voucher from a leading authorized testing center (limited time offer) - Microsoft Encyclopedia of Networking, Second Edition, eBook - Practice files on CD - Entire study guide in searchable eBook format

Geez, just my luck I am on the 12th chapter on the 1st edition book icon_sad.gif
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.
  • grover77grover77 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the information chuchuchu

Looks like I will have to cough up the cash to!.

icon_rolleyes.gif
  • grover77grover77 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well I have got the 2nd Edition, I have got through the first 4 chapters and seems to be well worth getting,a lot more hints on what to expect in the Exam.

I still think though the IP addressing section is poor, although they have totally rewritten it. Difficult to follow, much better resources that explain it better out there like learntosubnet.com

Also it says in the book they will be dropping SUS soon and WSUS will be tested on instead.

Exam start of July, so I suppose the real test will be if I pass !
  • 12thlevelwarrior12thlevelwarrior Member Posts: 302
    yeah, WSUS is more complex than SUS. we switched about 5 months ago at my work. WSUS is much better than SUS.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives.