Selected for the Research Grant Proposal Program at my University

dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys! I'm in an anxious position and have a WONDERFUL opportunity. I always try to grow as a student (graduate) and as a professional. I decided to apply for a Research Grant Program at my university. Today I was added to the program from the wait list they had (which I didn't think was going to happen lol!). I'm trying to come up with possible research ideas that are cyber focused...
Any cool ideas or advice thrown my way would be absolutely helpful and appreciative!

A few topics I'm considering are listed below. I know it's not specific enough but I'm working on it. I was told I was selected for the program a week after they started and their next meeting is today.
  • Malware
  • Patching
  • AI and Cyber
  • ​IoT

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not much advice from my end, congrats though.

I love the idea of focusing on IoT security. My good friend works for a company that provides metering, Coms, power consumption analytics and they have this massive IoT initiative going on. IMO that would provide you with some really awesome utility moving forward in your career.
  • dizzy_kittydizzy_kitty Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thank you, DatabaseHead. That actually is GREAT advice and guidance right there. Appreciate it! icon_cool.gif
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    @Dizzy congrats on the grant! In Australia all grad research is government funded - thankfully.

For research topics, I think this forum might be the best for this because the world of academia is substantially different!

Few thoughts of my own, a generic rule is to see the research profiles of your supervisors or of the researchers and research groups you're expected to work with, and see what topics they research and go from there. Other option would be to see what other university professors are doing and get in contact with them - they usually have projects and research topics they're actively working on

Good luck!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE