ABET University, BS in Networking

Ungadunga911Ungadunga911 Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
Im a transfer from a junior college and finished with an AAS degree in computer networking. Basically everyone that graduated with me has yet to find a job in that field, so i figured i would transfer to the University down the street. The University is a normal public University, ABET degree in computer networking. The problem with me is that when i finished the netacad courses at the junior college i still didnt know how to work with routers or switches or computers for that fact. I was told that i could retake the netacad courses at the University since they actually have labs available for students to complete work hands on wise that netacad has listed. For some reason i cant retain or learn about computers through netacad. Ill read the material and have no idea about what it really is. Ill then do the packet tracers, but im doing them blindly, its like math, im currently in Trig and have always sucked at math, but my grade is higher and im learning more in that class than i am through this netacad intro to routing course that iv already taken. Does anyone have any advice on how to retain information and learn the material through netacad cause i feel like im going to graduate with a BS in networking and not know a dam thing about computer switches or routers and how they work, let alone configure them.