Options

failed icnd1

hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
failed icnd1 with a score of 774. I needed 832 to pass.

Network fundamentals 83 %

LAN switching fundamentals 50 %

Routing fundamentals 60 %

Infrastructure Services 78 %

Infrastructure Maintenance 50 %

Comments

• Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Huntert you need to study your week areas from the print out and tackle that exam again.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    i got exam cram and started studying switching fundamentals
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I think the most important thing to consider is that you now have a clear understanding of how the exam will be presented. Use the feedback to help focus your study but you were close.

Good Luck on the next attempt!

Jon
  • Options
  • Options
    McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My advice is not to get dis-heartened and re-take the exam as soon as possible. Get a date confirmed and study study study.

Good luck on your next attempt.
    2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
    2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.
  • Options
    huntert wrote: »
    i got exam cram and started studying switching fundamentals

That's an excellent place to start. you are well on your way.
    icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    i failed the test again by 20 points

network fundamentals 58 %

lan switching fundamentals 75 %

routing fundamentals 73 %

infrastructure services 56 %

infrastructure maintenaance 75 %

i got a score of 812
  • Options
    NuclearBeavisNuclearBeavis Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks like you brought up your weak areas, but then your stronger areas went down. Maybe you forgot a few things from those initially stronger areas while studying the weaker ones. Or maybe a luckier question draw would have done it. 3rd time is the charm.
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ouch!

In your opinion is the CCENT harder than N+?
  • Options
    i took n+ a time ago so not sure. peple are saying n+ is harder now. one thing that makes cisco really hard is that you can not go back after you click next.
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    At least you are very close. Third time's a charm :)
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Options
    rob909erob909e Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wait. When taking the CCNA or CCENT, you can't go back and review your answers before submission? Please tell me that's not true.
  • Options
    Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
  • Options
    boxerboy1168boxerboy1168 Member Posts: 395 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I purchased the Wendell Odom book recently not sure if you have tried that one but I find it to very very good.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
  • Options
    i have used it . it is good but the test is hard. last time missed by 20 points.
  • Options
    IvDoggIvDogg Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    huntert, I feel the CCNA is geared to measure your practical knowledge (somewhat). Most people that fail INCD 1 don't have much/any network configuration experience. If you don't, you can make up for that by using packet tracer. Get to the point where you can build a realistic network on packet tracer without looking at your book. For example:

NAT'd, DHCP clients on different VLANs connecting to a webserver on another network going through at least 2 routers and a serial link; engineering the public/private IP space yourself.

If you can do that, you should be able to pass the exam and do what's expected of CCNA holder.
  • Options
    nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try your best next time! You will get it!! :)
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Options
    i passed today with a score of 856
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass and for not giving up!!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    dotPHdotPH Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I took the test last year just to see how the exam looks like ( got a voucher that is about to expire). As expected, i failed the test but it was really close (missed 10-15points). Im scheduled for a retake next couple of weeks and lets see how it goes...
  • Options
  • Options
    McElhinneyMcElhinney Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    good luck

Hi huntert, how is your studying going? Are you working towards your CCNA yet?
    2017/2018 Certifications Gained: CCNA R&S, CCNA Sec.
    2018/2019 Certification Goals: CCNA Cyber OPs.
  • Options
    yes i am i am using ine, network lessons, packet tracer, and netsim 11 for ccnp. there was a promotion where i saved 100.00 for netsim for black friday.
  • Options
    yes i am i am using ine, network lessons, packet tracer, and netsim 11 for ccnp. there was a promotion where i saved 100.00 for netsim for black friday.

Hey Huntert, did you use Boston practice exams for the icnd1 and if you did how helpful were they?
    Also can you post a score breakdown of the percentages for the exam you passed. Thanks
    :

• Options
    i used the boson ex max sim for the practice tests and it did help but i needed to lab more.
    i actually took the test 4 times. the first time i got a 774. the second time i got an 812. the third time i got an 824 and the last time i got an 856. I think that i just did not pay enough attention to some little details.

on my final exam i got the following percentages:

network fundamentals 67 %

lan switching fundamentals 81 %

Routing fundamentals 93 %

Infrastructure Services 44 %

Infrastructure Maintenance 75 %

I think the thing that help me pass in the end was labbing more. I used Boson Netsim and Packettracer.
    One thing that i found out about that a lot of people don't know is that if you go to Netacad.com you can signup for free and that you can get Packettracer. Also you can get free training on Netacad.com about how to use packettracer. you can even download apps for packettracer for android and iphone. I learned a lot from videos from ryan beney on youtube. I also took training from ine.com and udemy. I read from wendell odom's book and also from todd lammlie's book. I also took training from networklessons.com which I found out about in the ccnp forum here. There are a lot of labs which have good explanations.
  • Options
    Thanks for the percentages breakdown @ Huntert, will use your advice to help me with studying and getting ready for my Icnd1 exam. Also glad to see you Got through the exam.
    :

• Options
    thanks for your kind words. Good luck.