Updating Resume - Job tasks

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Alright, I don't want to mess things up on my resume.

I'm not sure if it's safe for me to have on my resume, "Perform Server Administration Tasks" and "Perform Network Administrator Tasks". I've been working with users accounts (creation/disable, password resets, groups, and organization), creating GPOs, trying to troubleshoot group policies, set up dedicated print server, folder permissions, reserving DHCP addresses, and creating VMs in Hyper-V. That's all that I can remember at the moment. We have Windows Server 2012R2 and 2016.

As far as the network stuff, I've terminated Cat5 cables, replaced network wall jacks (darn kids), perform infrastructure upgrades (replaced the PoE bricks for the wifi and installed Unifi PoE switches), configured switches and network documentation. I've also implemented VPN, which I guess isn't a big deal? I use it for remote access.

Not sure if Wifi will come under this but I've had to install the controller on a server and configure the controller.

Any advice? I just want to not look foolish but since I'm the JOAT at my job, I thought that I would ask.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There are no easy buttons for resumes. Experimentation, Trial and Error.

What you like and are interested in that will get you paid, expand upon. The other stuff role it up into blank statements.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Im working on trying to roll everything up so the resume isnt so long. I dont really wanna play around with job applications to get an idea what works and what doesnt, especially when Im trying to move into infosec.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****