Options

Advanced Penetration Testing cybrary.it course

tonyz90tonyz90 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Has anybody taken this course by Georgia Weidman? I'm taking it now and it seems like there should be some virtual machines associated with this course but I can't find them to try to follow along in the course.

If anybody knows where these are located or has them from taking the course previously please let me know. I know one of the links in resources isn't working anymore so that may be where they were.

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    HornswogglerHornswoggler Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Her book has a chapter on setting up a lab. I have not viewed her cybrary course but maybe some overlap in VMs and applications?
    2018: Linux+, eWPT/GWAPT
  • Options
    clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm in the middle of the course myself. It's pretty good - a basic VirtualBox setup with Kali and a client vm or two will be fine.
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • Options
    tonyz90tonyz90 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Okay, so you went out and downloaded your own VMs. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything because throughout the lessons she sometimes says (I installed extra tools to the VMs...) making it sound like there should have been included VMs.

Thanks for the response! I will go download an XP box and a Server 2003 box.