Passed my GWAP exam

EveryProblemHasSolutionEveryProblemHasSolution Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I tried twice- first time I failed by 1 mark and the second time I passed by 14 marks.

What really helped me was -OWASP wiki and bWAPP by Malik Messellem.

Comments

• al88al88 Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! What's your background and next goal?
  • EveryProblemHasSolutionEveryProblemHasSolution Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My Background is a technical product manager and QA. I want to go for consulting, and developed as a Cyber Defender.
    I am thinking of GSEC and CCSK. Any advice?
  • al88al88 Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    GSEC is kinda a step back from GWAPT, I'd recommend GPEN as a follow-up to that.. but now you will be specializing more into the PenTest route.

As a cyber defender, your have a lot of options but GCED/GCIH are good options to start with.

CCSK is totally different subject though.
  • ohmohm Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. How close did your exam match with the books? My books are from last year and I remember reading in another thread that there were changes to the exam questions this year.
    First time, I was only depended on the books but they are not useful. I read OWASP wiki a lot and download/install bWAPP and practice on it. Lots of practice.
    Thank you for advice, I think GCIH is good. I have worked a lot on IDS. I think CCSK will be easy and will help to understand the cloud little bit and it is an easy one to get.
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Congrats! I personally thought it was a really straight forward exam. Everything you need is in the material. I read through it 2.5x times and created a solid index of over 350 items. Granted I do web app pen testing at work for last several months so that definitely helps in my favor.

Don't get me wrong, I studied my butt off. Studied on lunch break, then after work until 10-11PM many nights. All day on weekends. I feel it is pretty obtainable in 30 days or even 3 weeks if you have the disciple.