Options

Difficult to Answer Request by Company

SylabicumaSylabicuma Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
So, I work in government contracting, and the contract I am working on has been awarded to a different prime contractor. So in the transition phase, everybody interviewed with the new company. This was more of a "what is your future goals, what have you done with the agency...." type interview. It lasted around 30 minutes (they had over 1,500 people to interview so they had to keep it short).

Well, at the end of the interview, they asked me to submit a cover letter. However, not a regular cover letter. They would like me to describe my 1, 3, and 5 year plan, and also my benefits package I would like to receive. For example, if I am not worried about 401k and would like a killer PTO package, then state that in the cover letter. I am assuming they are asking this to pair me with the right company that is on the new contract (there is a prime contractor with 5 subcontractors).

My question is, how do I write a cover letter like that? Do I just say "I would like X% 401k, X days off, pay X for health insurance..."? Am I overthinking this?

Comments