300-115 switch - pass!

Harry RolesHarry Roles Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the 300-115 SWITCH exam this Friday and was lucky to pass in my 1st attempt (scored 919. The exam was not that hard for me (few years in the field), but some questions were tricky.

I used the same exact "combined" approach for test preparations as what I did for CCNA Security. I started with videos - Chris Bryant (great starting point but I felt few things were missing) and Novodyne (more detailed and great demos). Every time I finished a section I tried to re-create the instructor demonstrations on my own with VIRL (hands-on labbing was of a great help, no questions about it).

Obviously what I added to the mix was a lot of reading - and not just the Cisco's Official Cert Guide (number 1), but also the Cisco's documentation (parts; I used 3750-X configuration guides). The documentation and videos was especially useful for the topics I have not heard before.

Hoping to give ROUTE a shot in the next few months, but this one looks like a real beast!

Good luck Folks.

Comments

• negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Switch was a fun exam to take (some questions were trivia) but sims were cool.

Route has some meat to it let me tell you that :) Also look at Rene Molenaar's "How to master Route" and GNS3vault. If you have the cash, look for Boson's Ex-Sim for ROUTE. I got it and it's really good.
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)
  • Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • cablagecablage Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! That's a pretty good score!
    2018 Goals:
    CCNP R&S: SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ]
    JNCIS-ENT [X]
    CWNA [ ]
  • PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congratulations, nice score :)
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog
  • Harry RolesHarry Roles Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231