Options

CCNA practice test question.

rob909erob909e Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I've been trying to refresh some CCNA knowledge. I found a practice test online and I'm dubious about the answer it says it should be. Could someone explain why the Answer is B. Thanks.

iOBFkm

https://ibb.co/iOBFkm

Comments

• Options
    albinorhino187albinorhino187 Member Posts: 117 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That doesn't look right to me, either. I think the main take-away from this type of question is if it knows where the destination MAC resides, it will forward only to that known port. If it doesn't know where it goes, it will flood the frame everywhere but where it was received.

Once the reply back is received, the switch can then add that MAC to the appropriate port.

The question itself looks like they either have typos in the mac address table or the packet being sent.
    CCIE RS - Written (Goal: July 2019) [ ] Lab [ ]
  • Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The question appears to be from a brain **** which would explain the confusion and incorrect answer.
  • Options
    Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    The answer is E
  • Options
    Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    Looks like a brain ****, so what you been viewin kuhh? lol

Its E. and its a rather simple process in how a switch works. If the switch receives a frame with a destination address it does not have in its CAM table, it floods the frame out all ports except the port it was received. so E.

Keep studying stop brain dumping