Options

What should my next move be?

airbearairbear Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi everyone, this is my first post. I am looking for some ideas on my career direction.

I have worked at the same company for almost 3 years, and it was my first IT related job. I had actually started in the sales department, and they created this position for me after a few months. It is a small company, and I am the only IT person, so I do a little bit of everything and have a lot of "say-so" in what happens. My job title is IT Coordinator, however I know that this is an inflated title that would not be applicable if I went to a larger company.

I am currently enrolled in junior college for an associate of arts, expecting to graduate next year and possibly move on to WGU. Don't currently have any certs.

I am feeling some growing pains here, but I fear that if I leave this company, I would only have the opportunity to go to some entry level help desk type of gig, given my short employment and educational background. I want to move up or at least stay in this middle-management area, but I'm not sure what my next move should be. Any ideas? I'm really looking to stay away from just bench work and taking calls.