Online Practice Tests VS Real Test?

johnITjohnIT Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took an online practice test just now for the 70-410 and I failed. I got only half right out of the 25 multiple choice questions. My first test is this Thursday and I thought I was really prepared but maybe I'm not. I've been studying non-stop for a month five hours a day...

So my question is how similar are these practice tests to the real test? For instance, I heard it was powershell heavy, so I really memorized powershell commands, but there were only like two powershell questions on this test I just took. So now I'm confused.
Working on: A+, MCSE Server 2012

Comments

• poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hate to tell you but from my experience, the practice tests have been easier than the real test. Some of them come close to the difficulty but I haven't been able to use a practice test alone to ensure a good score yet.

That being said, the practice tests are a great way to help you target areas you are weak in. If you are failing a section in a practice test, you are probably going to do poorly in it on the real test so you can target your study.

Most practice tests recommend you be able to pass 3x with a 90% or better before you take the real test.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT