Options

Boss Fired

InetmanInetman Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been working on an IT security team at a particular company for about one year and it hasn't gone very well.

During the last year our boss made a lot of mistakes ... he didn’t understand effort required to complete projects and underestimated timelines, we missed numerous deadlines over the last year and have yet to complete a single project, he tended to say whatever came to mind during meetings (group and individual) and offended people, he had the tendency to shoot from the hip and make bad decisions, and the list goes on…

Our director started to have individual meetings with my team not long ago. During those meetings I avoided any direct reference to our boss as much as possible so I wasn’t labeled ‘not a team player’ or ‘not supporting the boss’. Not long after those meetings they walked our boss out the door (much to my surprise – I have seen bad boss situations like this go on for years).

Several of the projects we missed on were assigned to me. The expectation was the old boss was suppose to be managing those projects and I completed technical tasks. I don’t feel like I am in jeopardy, but I don’t have a good feeling management understands my contributions or value to the company.

I don’t feel very challenged in this position having been in IT for 10+ years. However, I suspect there may be future opportunities here.

Has anyone experienced this? What would you do? Stay and hope things improve or start shopping around for a new job? If you believe that I should leave, how would you answer the ‘why do you want to leave your current position?’ question in interviews?

Thank you!