Options

CSA+ CFR Lab from Logical Operations - Anyone look at this yet?

yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
This guy right here:
CyberSec First Responder (Exam CFR-210) with CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst+ (Exam CS0-001) LogicalLAB

It's 6 months of web browser-based lab access for $75. It's meant for their CFR (Cyber First Responder) cert, which is on the DoD 8570, but it also allegedly applies the CSA+ as well.

I can't find any reviews, other than one TE member feeling like it may have made the difference between a pass and a fail. Are these labs any good? Are the scenarios relevant to the CSA+ exam's PBQs? No idea on the duration of the content other than Logical Operations' terse claim of "Days of training: 5" -- whatever that's supposed to mean.

$75 seems very reasonable if the content is decent.
A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
In progress: OSCP

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I took the Logical Operations CFR class, and was so unimpressed with the material that I never took the exam. If the class was an indication, CFR is basically Security+ with a vague snippet on DFIR. The labs I did in the class were not really that great. The instructor sucked too, but I’m basing this post on the actual material in the book and labs.

In no way did I feel like I could be a “first responder” after taking the class. I did pass the CSA+ exam without taking a CSA+ class (beta exam), and looking back I can’t say that the Logical Operations class would have prepared me for the CSA+ on its own merit.

I took that class over a year ago, however. The labs may have been upgraded since then.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll probably just stick to spinning up my own lab to get a feel for any unfamiliar tools then.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP