Options

CCSP CBK first or second edition

SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
Does the CCSP second edition is worth it ? Because on Safaribooksonline, I can read the first edition only. If it is worthwhile, I would order a hard copy of the second edition ?

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    GettingThereSoonGettingThereSoon Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does the CCSP second edition is worth it ? Because on Safaribooksonline, I can read the first edition only. If it is worthwhile, I would order a hard copy of the second edition ?

What do you think?

Hi Steve,

Since I don't have access to safaribookonline, I went to the bookstore yesterday and got the CCSP CBK book which is 2nd edition. I thought CCSP is a fairly new exam (beginning of 2016?) and CBK book was on 2nd edition in 2016 already? When was 1st edition published?
  • Options
    Nov 2015 1st edition
    May 2016 2nd edition

I am afraid that 1st edition was horrible.
  • Options
    GettingThereSoonGettingThereSoon Member Posts: 19 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nov 2015 1st edition
    May 2016 2nd edition

I am afraid that 1st edition was horrible.

That means you'd better get the 2nd edition.

Amazon just delivered the 2 CCSP books (AIO, Sybex Study Guide) I ordered early yesterday morning, which is big surprise since it is the free shipping supposed to come next week(not next day, can't afford prime right now). Now I have 2 more books to read, plus their practice questions. Oh boy, I am so damn happy to see how "slim" these 2 books are... comparing to the 2 brick-thick CISSP books.
  • Options
    vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    There's quite an overlap between the CCSP books so pretty much one will cover the core requirements.
    Per my recent exam feedback there is a lot of other resources to be referenced to help you pass this exam.
    Best of luck.
    CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......
  • Options
    Oh boy, I am so damn happy to see how "slim" these 2 books are... comparing to the 2 brick-thick CISSP books.

I started to read the CCSP official study guide, and I can tell you that those book are slimer than CISSP.. and many topic overlap over CISSP. My CISSP study are fresh, and I just feel it is a complement to my CISSP.
  • Options
    useravuserav Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I recommend CCSP official study guide,its better than CBK.