Options

Anyone making sense of ZBF configs?

worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble fully understanding the Zone Based Firewall stuff? I am trying to understand and wrap my mind around the commands and the configuration, but it feels like I am just spinning my wheels. Has anyone out there been like this and then had things click? If so I would be interested in your take and how you were able to grasp this. I am Struggling with this for sure. Class-maps, policy-maps, zone this and zone that and have to put zones in another zone to be accessible...uuugh

Ok enough of my whining. lol Thanks for any assistance or pointing in the right direction you can offer. :)
Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
OIIIIIIIO

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For me, like so many other topics, it was all about repetition. And thankfully, at the time I was studying for the CCNA Security, I was building out a few new routers for the data center at work, so I had plenty of opportunity to practice. Seriously, just set up a PC on either end of the router and keep hammering away until the traffic you want through, and only the traffic you want through, is getting through.

And keep the PacketLife **** sheet for ZBF posted near by. If you don't know about PacketLife **** sheets, you'll thank me later.
    **** Sheets - PacketLife.net
  • Options
    worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks a lot for your insight Alan2308! Checking out that packetlife **** sheet now. Great stuff right there! Thanks again!
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO