Changing Career from Manual testing to Information Security Domain - Need Advice

karthick2490karthick2490 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
[FONT=&quot]I have seven years of experience in IT field as QA Analyst [Manual Testing]. I have planned to switch my career from Assurance to Information Security Domain. I also dont have any experience in Auditing. Guide me on the following points:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Is it okay to take CISA ceritfication. If not, What should I start with in order to change my career towards Information Security.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If it is okay to take CISA. How I need to approach towards in getting the relevant experience on CISA domain.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How much waiver will I get for CISA certification [At present 7 years of IT Experience as a manual tester][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]With respect to CISA certification, What are all the roles I can apply?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Do I have scope if I dont have CISA auditing experience but If I cleared CISA examination.[/FONT]

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What's a QA analyst with manual testing?

Information Security does not equal Auditing.
  • McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think going and visiting the certifying organizations page will answer all of your questions or shoot them an email. Those are questions that you should only accept an answer from the certifying org.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.