Career Advice - UK Based

JellyJelly Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys new to the forums – been watching from a far for a while now and picked up some really helpful advice but thought I would step in and ask something directly about me, apologies I know these posts must come up a lot.

Been working in the ‘IT’ industry for about 5 years started in very basic more labour type roles but have been working for a MSP in a more skilled 1, 2 line support (helpdesk) role with some infrastructure exposure for the last two and a half years.

Currently have my A+, Net+, Sec+ and Prince2 – no degree, studied a computing A level. Really want to progress my career into a security domain but having some troubles making the next step. I’ve stagnated at my current workplace and need to move on. In terms of certifications I (think) want to go onto cloud orientated security maybe CCSK/CCSP as this seems in demand and an interest but unsure of the best route, or if there is a plausible one to get there. Any advice on the most desirable certs would be great as well as any current employment advice from anyone who knows the current UK job market. What type roles to be looking for etc? Currently applied for the Cisco scholarship and waiting to hear back from that.

Thanks

Comments