Options

CCNA R&S / CCNA Cyber ops

MrSecurityGuyMrSecurityGuy Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Whatzz up yo all:

So as you know its been a while since I last posted. Got off all the forums and started working toward some certs. I got security+ and now will be working on CCNA.

Looking into CCNA notice Cisco has a new cert call Cyber ops. This certs align more with my end goal than R&S cert. My goal is to be a cyber security / it security consultant whatever the new terms they have every few months.

I haven't decided which part of cyber yet but I'll decide that AFTER i get the first job.

So, is CCNA R&S switch worth it or Cybe ops if I want to do IT Security? Have no desire to be network admin / engineer.

Comments

• Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Booth
    And you no need to be network admin. You can do N+ instead, but IMO R&S is better. You still can apply for Cyber Ops scholarship...and do booth in same time :)
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore

• Options
    MrSecurityGuyMrSecurityGuy Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What would position me in the marketplace to be a better candidate who has zero security exp hands on in large organization. I'm willing to take a job or do a free internship whatever for organization, i'm also 35 so got some mouth to feed.

On the other hand I do have home lab setup, virtual machine exercise for security, have few Cisco switch setup, etc.. I practice and I would say I'm getting better each day. It's just some of the commands are hard to remember.

Also, have subscription to practice lab which allows me to play around in various environment.

Does home lab count as experience? I can also show some security work in my current position and jobs I have had previously.

Just wanting to know what would be better way to position oneself after security+ certs with 0 real corp exp.

trojin - thanks bro, I'll def go with CCNA R&S and work on cyber ops - education can't hurt.
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You'll need a CCENT to get the CCNA cyber ops from what I understand.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    trojintrojin Member Posts: 275 ■■■■□□□□□□
    yoba222 wrote: »
    You'll need a CCENT to get the CCNA cyber ops from what I understand.

nope
    [h=3]Prerequisites[/h]No prerequisites
    [h=3]Exams[/h]Required Exam(s)
    [FONT=&quot]210-250 SECFND
    210-255 SECOPS

[/FONT]
    I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry

xx+ certs...and I'm not counting anymore