Options

Passed CSA+

aliasilyasaliasilyas Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello, I am new to the forum, but since you have been a great help so far, I would like to share my experiences with you.
Sorry for my grammar, I am not a native speaker. :)

My year with CompTIA was an up and down.
In April I passed the Security+, in May I failed the CASP and in December I passed the CSA+.

CSA+ was passed with 859/900.
It was a lot easier than I expected. At CASP, my major weaknesses were vulnerability management, incident responce management and the PBQ.

CSA+: I put the PBQ questions at the end of the test, that was something I learned from CASP. Don't lose too much time with the PBQ at the beginning, get started with the normal questions. After the first run through the questions I started again and then answered the PBQ first. In the second round I checked the answers and critically analysed the marked questions.
In the meantime I doubted passing the exam, but in the second round I became more confident and the answers clearer.

Study materials:
Sybex: CompTIA CSA+ Study Guide: Exam CS0-001 :D
Sybex: CASP CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Study Guide: Exam CAS-002 :D
Pearson: CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA+) icon_sad.gif
Cybrary :D

I think for someone who has to deal with the analysis of log data on a daily basis and comes from the field of it-security, the examination is no problem. I have found it much easier than the same areas at CASP, especially my two weak points.

CASP or CISSP are now on the agenda for 2018. I have a tendency towards CISSP, in my mother tongue it is not yet CAT.