Passed ICND2 this morning!

mr.comfortablymr.comfortably Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I have finally passed my ICND2 today. I have been studying all together (ICND1+2) for about 6-7 months.

Material Used
Odams Cert Guide ICND1 and ICND2
Chris Bryant Videos ICND1 and ICND2
Cisco Netlabs for ICND2 (Really helps with memorizing the configs)
Note Cards (I went a little overboard and made almost 200 note cards all together lol)
4 spirals worth of notes while going through the videos and book.
Highlight all the key topics and strongly consider adding them to your note cards
And of course, this website and the responses people give has been a lot of help.

If I would do something different
If I had to do it again, I would buy an exam bank, which might of helped me with the 'tricky' questions that Cisco is notorious of asking. (I think a few oddly worded questions got me)

Thank you all,

1% Everyday

Comments

• Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    Good work. Now onwards and upwards to ccnp! Honestly switch isn't much of a step up
  • mr.comfortablymr.comfortably Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    Good work. Now onwards and upwards to ccnp! Honestly switch isn't much of a step up

I'm starting my Route book asap, already got it in hand. I havn't chose a video course yet though. I might just stick with Bryant since its been working for me so far.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! :D
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations :D
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    congrats i recommend you use networklessons.com to study for route. It costs 29.00 a month. it has lessons from ccent through ccie.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job, congrats on the pass, now on to the CCNP icon_twisted.gif
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • HCPS123HCPS123 Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Huge achievement, congrats!