Cloud Computing

crimsonavengercrimsonavenger Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys I have two questions I need advice on. 1) I would really like to get into the cloud computing market, but I also have a desire to learn Linux for the high usage in core enterprise networks. Would it be more beneficial to learn this for SysOps before I dive into the cloud? I'm pretty much settled on this as my next move, but I want to see how beneficial it would actually be. 2) Cloud Specifics; since AWS has been out for a while and has a pretty settled market value, would the Azure certification present a better value for entering the market? Thanks

Comments

• stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My Linux skills are limited but I'm already working with AWS for my employer along with going after the Solutions Architect cert. I don't think it's an either or scenario. Ideally we'll want to be well versed with Linux and Cloud but I'm not sure if it matters what order. Personally for me, learning about Cloud infrastructure is easier for me to grasp and implement out of the gate. I plan on deep diving more into Linux and even DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet along the way.

Also either AWS or Azure cert is worthwhile, I've had recruiters reach out to me about using either of those two vendors. From what colleagues told me they both essentially provide the same services, just different names and ways of implementing it. Hope this helps.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    stlsmoore wrote: »
    My Linux skills are limited but I'm already working with AWS for my employer along with going after the Solutions Architect cert. I don't think it's an either or scenario. Ideally we'll want to be well versed with Linux and Cloud but I'm not sure if it matters what order. Personally for me, learning about Cloud infrastructure is easier for me to grasp and implement out of the gate. I plan on deep diving more into Linux and even DevOps tools like Chef/Puppet along the way.

Also either AWS or Azure cert is worthwhile, I've had recruiters reach out to me about using either of those two vendors. From what colleagues told me they both essentially provide the same services, just different names and ways of implementing it. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I just quoted an entire reply and that's because it's spot on. Read again and follow this advice--combo of linux/cloud and start with whichever you like. LinuxAcademy is a great resource for both Linux and AWS/Azure.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP