Options

GNS3 Help

jscot002jscot002 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□

Error while listing vms: GNS3VM: Could not l
ist VMware VMs: vmrun C:\Users\Jimmy\Downloads\GNS3 VM.ova is not accessible

Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before. I am running windows 10 and I have vmware workstation 12 with the newest GNS3 and GNS3 VM. It seems like I need to change the file location, but I have no idea what to do. If anyone has any ideas or has dealt with this issue before, please let me know. I've actually tried it on my laptop and it has the same issue. So it is probably something I am doing even though I followed step by step from Youtube.

Comments

• Options
    negru_tudornegru_tudor Member Posts: 473 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jscot002 wrote: »

Error while listing vms: GNS3VM: Could not l
    ist VMware VMs: vmrun C:\Users\Jimmy\Downloads\GNS3 VM.ova is not accessible

Just wondering if anyone has come across this problem before. I am running windows 10 and I have vmware workstation 12 with the newest GNS3 and GNS3 VM. It seems like I need to change the file location, but I have no idea what to do. If anyone has any ideas or has dealt with this issue before, please let me know. I've actually tried it on my laptop and it has the same issue. So it is probably something I am doing even though I followed step by step from Youtube.

Try this:

- Run GNS3 as Administrator
    - Re-run the Setup Wizard from Help -> Setup Wizard

and try to catch the GNS3 VM again. One other thing you need to watch out for is having the GNS3 VM in the "default" Workstation or Player directory path. If you install it somewhere else, GNS3 becomes confused.

Good luck!
    2017-2018 goals:
    [X] CIPTV2 300-075
    [ ] SIP School SSCA
    [X] CCNP Switch 300-115 [X] CCNP Route 300-101 [X] CCNP Tshoot 300-135
    [ ] LPIC1-101 [ ] LPIC1-102 (wishful thinking)