Over Analysing

Hi all,

I've been in IT support now for 3 years while also working in a Network Administrator role. I'm struggling with the 70-270 exam as I don't seem to be able to answer the questions in the 'Microsoft way'. I tend to apply real world experiences to the scenarios in the exam and ultimately over complicate my answer which usually ends up wrong!

Has anyone else experienced this? I just feel that the 'right answers' don't always apply to how it would happen in real life.

Comments

• sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm sure many here feel your pain. We've been there too. Hang in there. :)
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Kevin_cambs_ukKevin_cambs_uk Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes fully relate to that
    I have been doing IT for 16 years, started on windows 2.
    The questions are based on the Microsoft way but it can work to your advantage.

On some questions the answer may not be obvious, but you can alway eliminate 2 answers straight away as being wrong. If I am in 2 minds over the next two, I always think what would Microsoft do?

eg, I had one question about blue tooth, most answers did not relate to XP, and I was guessing, and I plumped for the answer that used Microsoft in it, I did not choose an answer that related to say new hardware or a re boot etc etc

so you can use it that way.
  • mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    Thanks guys.

Kevin_cambs_uk, your tip certainly works. I'm usually left with two possible answers and choosing the one Microsoft would consider correct usually pays off!

Thanks