Options

OSCP Labs started this week.

r0x0tr0x0t Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I have started my OSCP labs for preparation. Anybody else enrolled in too? Reply to team up.

Comments

• Options
    saeriansaerian Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My start date was yesterday as well. Didn't get a chance to dig into the material much due to a prior commitment, but am planning on spending as much time as I can this week (and throughout the three day weekend) going through the videos and pdf.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am a couple of weeks in. Going back through and wrapping up a few exercises I skipped that now seem to be a bit on the vital side. I definitely recommend that you go through each section.
  • Options
    Yeah. True that. I am planning to go through them in detail once the lab period ends. I am aiming to root each of the machine so don't have much time to devote for material. Currently working bethany2. How about you?
  • Options
    HornswogglerHornswoggler Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck!! Join the netsecfocus slack channel. Much fun! https://netsecfocus.herokuapp.com/
    2018: Linux+, eWPT/GWAPT
  • Options
    BuzzSawBuzzSaw Member Posts: 259 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck guys! It's a great ride.

One quick piece of advice: Don't be quick to pass over the exercises and material. I passed over all the exercises, and didn't take the time to do a lab report ... .and I failed my first exam by 5 points which is the 5 points you can get by doing a lab report ....

I also facepalm'd myself a bit when I realized that one of the lab machines was almost step by step an exercise in the materials ....
  • Options
    liz4rdliz4rd Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I started last week and I'm still making my way through the exercises. Though the exercises are taking much longer than I'd like, as they're not specific enough and I end up with pages of output, but not sure how much they actually want. Especially when they say, 'gather as much'... there's pages of the stuff, screenshots n' all.
  • Options
    ddnixddnix Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    how are you finding it?
    it's been a month and half for me and i must admit I find it difficult, I was only able to get 14 machines sofar.
  • Options
    It's been interesting more than difficult. I haven't got chance to work much on it but completed around 20 machines till now. Have you been through the material yet? Please post your reviews on it.
  • Options
    ddnixddnix Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    r0x0t wrote: »
    It's been interesting more than difficult. I haven't got chance to work much on it but completed around 20 machines till now. Have you been through the material yet? Please post your reviews on it.

Yes and I learned a lot from the videos and pdf, it helped me in the lab. when I stated the course I had almost zero knowledge on what I was doing, feel that I learned a lot, so hopefully i succeed at the end
  • Options
    liz4rdliz4rd Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hear gotmilk did a full write up on the machine 'alpha', in the student forums. It's meant to be really in depth.
  • Options
    McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    r0x0t wrote: »
    Yeah. True that. I am planning to go through them in detail once the lab period ends. I am aiming to root each of the machine so don't have much time to devote for material. Currently working bethany2. How about you?

Something worth noting is that you wont be able to finish the exercises once your lab time expires. This is the one thing that really drives me absolutely bonkers about most PWK students. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP SKIPPING THE DAMN EXERCISES. You will thank me later.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • Options
    That seems a strong advise. Thanks. Will do probably in the last month.