Options

Advise on Exam 70-270

bevanbevan Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I know two things:
1. The pass mark for this exam is 700
2. There are 58 questions on the exam.

Can someone please answer these questions:
1. What is the maximum score you can receive?
2. what number of questions are the 58 exam questions pooled from?
3. I have the Microsoft training kit, does this cover all the questions that I might get in the exam or do you have to buy other specific exam prep material?

Comments

• Options
    mvastarellimvastarelli Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The "maximum" score you can get on an MS test depends. Usually it's 1000, but other factors can allow for a higher score. No one knows how many questions are in the actual pool, but most believe it's in the hundreds, if not thousands, and new questions are getting phased in all the time.

As for the MS training kit. The book is good. However, the general consensus is that one study source isn't enough. I would recommend getting a 2nd source, such as the exam cram book. In addition to study material, good testing software is imperitive. One of the things I love about the MS Press books is the testing software they include.
    CompTIA Tests: 220-301, 220-302, N10-003, SY0-101
    Microsoft Tests: 70-270, 70-271, 70-272, 70-536, 70-526, 70-502
  • Options
    blaggerblagger Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took and passed the exam today.

I'd say that the MS Press books are the best, just because of the practice questions that come with them. Two of the questions I saw on the exam were almost exactly the same as two questions I found on the MS Press Readiness Review Suite.

Bearing this in mind though, there were some sections of the exam I had no idea about, as they weren't covered by the MS books. Also, the MS test questions are harder than the actual exam.
  • Options
    Obi-LAN-KenobiObi-LAN-Kenobi Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have been working professionally with XP for almost 3 years and I felt the exam was challenging. However, I used Sybex materials to study, so that did not help. I think the Microsoft Press and Exam Cram products are closer to the actuall test. Some advice:

- Make sure you know the installation methods and the switches involved with each method
    - Know what you can and can't do with basic and dynamic disks
    - Make sure you understand how GPOs and local security settings affect the local user and computer.

Good luck!! :D