Options

Passed eJPT

Fun exam. Pretty pricey, but I think anyone who is interested in pen testing should start here after you have your fundamentals down (A+,S+,N+). I enjoyed it.

I studied for about a month straight, then took a break because I started studying CCNA Sec material due to work, then realized I needed to do the exam so I ran through a few videos and reread some of the material. Tried a few labs and then started yesterday at 5ishpm. Just finished @ 2am and scored a 90.

For what it's worth, I had a fun time with it. On to the next. Really need to get my CCNA Sec out of the way so I can move on to CCNP. But I also want the OSCP... Problem is, CCNA-Sec and CCNP will help me with my current job, but the OSCP is what I WANT.

Im ranting because i'm tired. Adios
Current: OSCP

Next: CCNP (R&S and Sec)

Follow my OSCP Thread!

Comments

• Options
    airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
    Good job man! It's definitley not an overly difficult exam and your allowed plenty of time to do it. But it's a lot of fun and really does cover a lot fo the basics.

Good luck deciding which cert is next, it's really up to you whether youwant to try and make a jump to a different career or move up in your current position. Just don't rush into anything man
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!! It's always a dilemma in choosing what to study (job vs interests).
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    Congrats (Great profile pic Lumbarg!!)

eJPT has added a lot of value to my knowledge, and made learning more pentesting topics much easier. The knowledge you gain with the tools just stay with you!
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com