Options

*is nervous* taking the test tommorrow!

horseyangel2089horseyangel2089 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I take the Net+ tommorrow! I'm nervous! This is the 4th test I have taken, and I am only in the 11th grade (school ends though in a week) and I get to take these tests with a group at my school called ForTech. We go around the school and fix the computers there after we get our A+ certification, and we have to get our HP desktop, laptop, and workstation certification in the first semester we are there. I was the first girl to get my A+ in our school system, and the first girl in the program! The next requirement is that we study for another certification, and I (and most of the people in the program) picked Net+. Well, I get to take it tommorrow!! I hope I pass! I have been studying the learnkey videos of Mike Myers, and I have taken lots of practice tests. This website has helped alot too, especially with brushing up on things I forgot. Well, I will post tommorrow on how I did! :D
"And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'"
-Steve Jobs

Comments

• Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Good luck! Let us know how you do!
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dont get too nervous. As long as you fully understand all the objectives you will do fine. Network+ is one of the easiest to pass but keep in mind thats compaired to other certs. After you get this one, and I know you will :), you may want to consider security+ or start up the Microsoft cert path. Im choosing to go up the CompTIA + certs first because they are good for life and you dont have to worry about other vendors becoming more popular then MS (not likely though but still possible).
    In other words, plan for the future of IT.

Then I might speciallize in security with the Cisco certs. Its almost inevitable that you will be working with MS so you can just get experience with it as you go along and put that down on a resume. Keep in mind though that this advice is coming from someone with no experience an A.S.S and a Network+ cert (and soon a Security+ cert :D

What field of IT are you planning on going to? PC repair? Network administration? Programming/Development?

Good luck on scoring 900!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Relax -- if you can. Eventually the exams get, um, less jittery. I was going to say easier... but if you're good at this stuff -- they should be getting harder or leading to the harder certifications! icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    horseyangel2089horseyangel2089 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I PASSED!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOT! lol. I made a 615, not as well I I would have liked...but still a pass. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be....too many troubleshooting questions =P.

I'm probably going to go into PC Repair, because that is what I have done for the past two years with my dad's buisness and fortech, but I haven't decided yet.

The next test i'm going to try is the wireless networking cert (don't know which company that is for), then i have enrolled in a CCNA class at my school, and I will probably do two other comptia certs too, most like Linux+ and security+.
    "And they said, 'No.' So then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, 'Hey, we don't need you. You haven't got through college yet.'"
    -Steve Jobs
  • Options
    jstrongjstrong Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    horseyangel2089 I tip my hat to you I can see that you have a bright future ahead of you
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I PASSED!!!!
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! The trick with the troubleshooting questions is to use the method given (Identify the symptoms, Identify the affected area, Establish what has changed...etc).

As for the other certs, go for it! If I were you though I would hold off on getting your CCNA until last due to it having a bit of a life span (2 years I think?)

A great guide to taking CompTIA certs is in the ExamCram2 Security+ as the first entire first chapter is about what to expect and test taking stratigies. If your planning on taking the Security+ cert soon pick up the ExamCram2 second edition just to get that first chapter...highly worth it as it will help you in taking all your certs or at least CompTIA certs.