Options

As compared to A+....

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
Hello everyone. I have been taking a Cisco class at my school for almost an entire school year now, and have passed A+ already. I was just curious, how difficult is this exam when compared to A+? I just took a practice exam here and got 80%.
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• Options
    jpeezy55jpeezy55 Member Posts: 255
    Well, I took A+ over a year ago and took CCNA (the full version) last January...There is no real comparison. CCNA is much harder than A+, which was probably the easiest of the ones I've done so far (A+, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, and CCNA).

I was doing well on practice, but did not do well at all on CCNA...major difference from that one to A+ though.
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Sorry everyone!! I meant to ask how difficult is Network+ as compared to A+. I was simply stating that I am enrolled in a Cisco class. Thank you jpeezy anyway.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    You had me worried there for a minute!!! No problem though, we all make typos, As for the correct answer to your question: I don't know...yet.

I am studying for my Network+ right now and have not taken the exam yet. I've heard they are similar and I've heard Network+ was easier, so I guess it is all in how you are and what you know.

I won't be taking the Net+ for another 2-3 weeks, but I'll let you know what I think of it then...
    Tech Support: "Ok, so your monitor is not working, the screen is blank, and no matter what you do it stays blank? Do you see that button on the bottom right hand side just below the screen? Press it. . . . Great, talk to you next time!"
  • Options
    eltoroeltoro Member Posts: 168
    I think A+ and Network+ have the same level of difficulty, on second thought I think Network+ is slightly easier because you only take one exam for it.
    Masters in Computer Science / Software Engineering (Dec. 2010)
    Illinois Institute of Technology
  • Options
    That's true...Network+ is only 1 exam, so I guess it would be easier then.

I wonder if Comptia will ever combine those 2 into a single exam, especially since it is probably the lowest of all exams right now, and yet you need to pass 2 exams just to get 1 Cert...CCNA is like that, but you have an option of taking 2 exams or taking the combined version.

Doesn't really seem fair, does it? icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    TransatlanticTransatlantic Member Posts: 120
    Personally I found the Net + to be easier than the A+ in terms of exam difficulty, only the one test to take and to me the study field was more focused. A lot of it is preperation though, so use a good study method that works for you, and take as many practice exams as you can in the lead up to taking the test.
    "Mistakes have been made, others will be blamed."