Another interview

DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
Again I'm going before a GM of sales and GM of service for a service manager position at an MSP. At least this is probably more inline with what I really know well. Interview is tomorrow and I think I'm prepared.

Any tips? I've only had one interview for this type of position over the years and that time the position was a bit larger department then I was ready for. This time its a just a small department so I should be a good fit technically and experience wise I've held similar positions in my past. I have several personal connections to this company so I might actually have some luck.

Now if I can just get past the interview.

Any tips or ideas of possible questions?

Comments

• scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    How has the economy affected your business?
    What would be the first project to be addressed?
    How is performance measured?
    Is this a new position? If not, what happened to the person in that position?
    Daily duties?
    How many people in group?....Bring a notebook....
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    In my experience these types of roles are all about project management and customer service. I'd definitely try to highlight those skills in the interview. Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • DojiscalperDojiscalper Member Posts: 266 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. The interview went pretty well, just as expected lots of customer service questions which I excel at and I think I did a reasonable job of proving that to the interviewers. I think they are hoping someone with direct experience shows up (ie a service manager from a rival company). Good news for me is the area doesn't have much for competition so its possible I'll make it to the next round of interviews. I'm moving on with other things I have going right now so they'll call me back or not.