Options

Job Opportunity Advice

hpbui01hpbui01 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

I am an aspiring Data Scientist who has been working in a data related role for over a year. I am wanting to move to a more technical job as currently I work at a company where there is no upwards mobility. In my current role all the job amounts to is writing select queries given that the data team members have read only access in SSMS.

To gain write access you have to be a DBA but as a smaller company our DBAs are also our web-developer so moving into that role for me is not likely.

For the past 4 months I've been trying to find a Data Analyst position to no avail as job posting for Data Analyst positions in Louisville, KY are quite scarce. I've been thinking of moving to Texas as there seems to be a booming IT industry there and I do not have much to hold me down here; I can live out of a suitcase with how few items I own. My quandary however is how am I going to even land a job in Texas in another state without such to separate me from local residents.

Any Advise on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Last time I was in Dallas I was really surprised about how many non-native Texas residents there seemed to be.

You're worried that you won't be considered for a job in Texas because you are not located in Texas. So you're not applying.

I suggest you apply and let the company decide whether they want to hire you or not.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Apply! What is there to lose?
    Never let your fear decide your fate....