Options

I finally passed!!

techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey everyone I finally passed the CCNA today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got an 860. I want to thank everyone that helped me for there advice. now I'm on to CCNP! I finally did it! It only took me five tries! I wonder if that's a record!
information belongs to the public! hack the planet!

Comments

• Options
    jlambertjlambert Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    don't take as many goes with your next exam ;)
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats techman! Glad to hear you made it this time :D
  • Options
    anpuanpu Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrtas.......good that you made it.
    can you help me out with the simulations. I have taken the exam twice but due to some problems with simulations ,I never get them right.
    Where did you practice for simulations? And please let me know some more sources which are really helpful .I am studying form the Todd Lammles book.
    thanks
  • Options
    techman-aka-Formattechman-aka-Format Inactive Imported Users Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey, anpu what kind of problems were you having with the simulators? I never really had any problems with the sims. I was fortunate to have a lot of hands on experience from class. I took the CCNA courses at school, and my teacher made sure we had alot of practice on the routers, and switches. I used todd lammle's book to. It was very useful. Did you get the cd with the book? the disc is very useful to, because it has alot of practice questions. It also has a practice simulator with it too. You can go online and download practice sims too. but the best way too practice is to actually go out and buy a router. If you have the money to spend. remember the sims are pretty straight forward. Make sure you watch out for the little things like the clockrates on the serial interfaces. but the sims can eat up you're time, so keep an eye out for the clock. what were you're scores? just don't give up! It took me five times to pass.
  • Options
    thanks for getting back. Well my problem with the sims is that ,I get confused in the exam because both the times the sims were far too confusing. It took me a lot of time to understand what exactly was to be done. Although ,I have practiced a lot but now I have lost confidence because of the problems which I faced during exams.My scores were 745 and 784.
    Because I mess up the sims everytime, i get so puzzled that I am not able to do the subnetting properly. Please advice me how I can practise for sims. I don't want to buy a router. I have the CD along with the todd lammles book.
    thanks
  • Options
    hey anpu, don't get discouraged on the simulators. the practice sim from todd lamle's book is o.k. go to boson.com, or simulationexams.com. they have practice sims that are not bad. you can probably find alot of practice sims online to use. of course it's better when you get the sims later in the test, that way you can concentrate on the questions first. what you can do to help yourself with the subnetting, is make a little cram sheet before the test. When they give you that white board to write on write down the subnet chart. that will really help you during the exam because then you can just look at the chart, and it will save you time. go to learn to subnet.com. there it will show you some good ways to subnet. of course if you can do it in you're head, all the better. the todd lammle book has a good chapter on subnetting. the sims are ususally basic connectivity. you can also write down commands you need to remember on the cram sheet too. just read through the sims carefully, and try not to overthink. remember when you're assigning usable subnets, don't use the zero subnet. the newer ios don't use the zero subnet by default. just keep trying and don't give up. You'll do it. BTW what was you're score on routed protocols?
  • Options
    thanks so much for advising me. I will definitely follow up. I plan to retake the exam pretty soon. But i am so scared this time. I want to pass now.
    Well ,my score for routed protocols was 50% for both the tries.What section of the exams are sims?
    thanks
  • Options
    hey anpu, I believe most of the points for the sims are counted towards you're routed protocol score. but that's a good question. since they really don't have any ipx questions anymore, it's all ip. but all the subnetting questions count towards the routed protocols I believe. the sims are scored a little differnently though. I heard from someone there weighted like 25 points more or something like that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If you get most of the subnetting questions right you should get a good score in routed protocols. I think it was no suprise that the time I passed I scored an 85% in routed protocols. It's one of the important areas. but if you can score 80% or higher in 6 of the 8 areas you will probably pass. just remember relax and don't get nervous. read through the questions carefully. Good luck on the exam!
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Anything in the exam objective that start with the word 'Configure' can be a sim. Print out those exam topics listed by Cisco and keep them close during your studies, and use them as a reference regularly. Mark the topics you know already (or the ones you should study). It is the only source of information about what is on the exam provided by Cisco. If you know the exam objectives you will have a much better overview of the exam, and is invaluable especially when you failed the exam... icon_idea.gif