Learning Tree International

MdaudMdaud Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello, anyone here took course/s at learningtree.com? I came across this website and they offer many different security courses. I would like to know their integrity before I decide to take their courses. Than You All

Comments

• davec8080davec8080 Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mdaud wrote: »
    Hello, anyone here took course/s at learningtree.com? I came across this website and they offer many different security courses. I would like to know their integrity before I decide to take their courses. Than You All

OK, somebody was asking about a $2500 5-day course for A+. I will repost how I responded to that, as the sentiment is exactly the same. The first response in a search I ran on Learningtree for Security+ showed a $3200 course for about 5 days. The below is what I responded when asked about a similar A+ course. You can get the same training materials I mention for Security+ though, which is why I will not edit my response, just post it verbatim:

Listen, I have tested (both exams) for A+ twice. The first time around, it was one book ($25 I think, at the time) self-paced book study. No video, no virtual, no classroom, no practice tests. Did I mention I ACED it? Both exams, back to back, finished in about 40 minutes (two exams) When I went back up to the counter, the administrator thought there was something wrong with my computer. Then, I informed her I was done. She was shocked when she saw my scores.

I will say the latest round of 901/902 is a bit harder, because it covers a lot more material. They mix in a bunch of stuff from Network+ and Security+ now. That, and they expect you to be a laser printer engineer* now. Plus, my life is hectic to the point where if I have 15 UNINTERRUPTED minutes to study in a single day, it's a good day. So if you work for a living, I would advise you to test 901 first, then study for 902...

But there is soooo......much good study material out there now. Some of it is free, or next to free. You'd have to be a bit insane to spend $2500 on an A+ course. Consider...

Out of six CompTIA exams I have sat for, I passed them all (usually with a really high score) on my first try. My PRIMARY study material for all of them was a book written by Mike Meyers, usually the "All-In-One" book. The latest version is about 24 bucks on Amazon right now. That includes a practice test on CD.

The best practice tests for the latest of the common CompTIA exams are Android Apps by Darril Gibson. From memory, they are about 8 bucks a piece (901 or 902), $16 total for A+ practice tests. These are the best practice tests available!!!

On Udemy right now (for the next couple of hours), the following courses are listed for 10 bucks each. Note that these courses and similar are often on sale on Udemy for $10-$20 each.
    CompTIA A+ Certification 901. The Total Course
    CompTIA A+ Certification 902. The Total Course
    CompTIA A+ Certification 220-901: Practice Tests
    CompTIA A+ Certification 220-902: Practice Tests
    Those courses are all excellent, speaking from experience.

On Youtube, you can Search for Professor Messer A+ playlists. I don't like him as much as Meyers. HOWEVER, he will give you the same information, and enough to pass the exams. And the price is FREE.
    Professor Messer also sells course notes for $30 (for the set of 2, covers A+901/902). These are excellent for last-minute cramming of the stuff you have to memorize.

All the stuff I listed above is WAY more than you need to pass A+, if you use it right. You should be able to do just fine with the all-in-one book and the Darril Gibson practice tests Android Apps. $40 total.

But if you want more material to study, you could (in theory) buy everything on the list for a whopping $110. I would not suggest you spend that much on study material for A+. But what you NEED to understand is...

If you spend $2500 on an A+ course, you are not going to gain anything by spending that extra ~$2400 which you do NOT need to spend.

If the Meyers book plus the Darril Gibson APPS are not enough to get you past the A+ successfully...

Then frankly speaking, the only thing holding you back is your study habits....

$2500? DON'T DO IT
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's to much! For an entry level exam, that worth 330.

You can use a week for free in CBT.
    Get the Darril Gibson and Mike Meyers Book.
    Get a free month on IT Pro TV.
    YouTube Videos are free.

And still you will have money.
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • TjaljewTjaljew Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In the Classroom — OR — Live, Online
    Tuition — Standard: $3290 Government: $2833
    Tuition — Standard: $3290 Government: $2833

for A+
    Whaaaaaat. Hold on a second!

do you know what i can buy with that money?
    i will tell you what. I will buy an awesome ccnp lab + second hand servers and a reall good desktop for virtualization ( whis what im planning to buy in the future)

Let me tell you how much i spend on A+
    $39 for a book that i only used for 901
    https://www.amazon.com/CompTIA-220-901-220-902-Exam-Cram/dp/0789756315/ref=sr_1_2?srs=12653393011&ie=UTF8&qid=1522040091&sr=8-2&keywords=Comptia+a
    Note: this is not an advertisement, this is what I used base on the recommendation of other members of techexams

That exam is not hard if you have some experience.

do you know how much i spend on net+
    $29
    and i had no network experience ( like I don’t even know what dns is. Tcp/ip what is that bro. You said NAT oooh that is something popup on my ps4 whenever im trying to talk to someone )
    now i can explain in detail and in depth whatever you ask me abou network, thanks to the book
    and I passed with 780 using only a book, google.com , and a free week of it pro tv

don’t be wasting your money on 5 days of training, it is not worth it

Good luck