2018 CISA Exam

edsernedsern Registered Users Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone here taking the CISA Exam this year, specially this coming May? How is it going for your review? What materials are you using?

Comments

• Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've taken my CISA exam way back 2011 and I'd say the ISACA RM and QAE DB should suffice.
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm currently reading the manual during my daily train ride. In the process of having my employer of pay for the QAE database so I can really get going.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • shreenagshreenag Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @EDoubleU - This might be a dumb question. I have the CISA QAE review manual with me. Does it make sense to buy subscription to the QAE database ? Are the questions in QAE database same as those in the QAE manual or are they different ?
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    shreenag wrote: »
    @EDoubleU - This might be a dumb question. I have the CISA QAE review manual with me. Does it make sense to buy subscription to the QAE database ? Are the questions in QAE database same as those in the QAE manual or are they different ?
    The actual manual or the questions book? I purchased the review manual and the questions book but ended up getting the DB because you can randomize questions and don't have to cover the answers like you do with the book...ended up being a good decision.
  • lamont29lamont29 Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The CISA exam caused me to take a deeper breathe during testing than the CISSP did. I was getting so upset. I had to calm myself down before I completely lost it! I ended up doing very well, but it ain't easy. Learn the concepts from the book and QAE database. You will do fine if you remember the concepts from those two references. However, you probably won't see a single similar question from the test engine, so be very keen on concepts.