Options

CertMaster or UCerify for CompTIA CSA?

Howie411Howie411 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I currently have my Sec+ and looking to get my CSA Cert. Looks like my 2 big option are UCertify (Lessons, Test Prep, Labs) Or Certmaster (which comes with 2 exam vouchers).

Now I hate to make it sound like its all about the money, but my company won't reimbursement until I pass. So that also plays a small part as its either $429 up front (certmasters) or $279 + voucher upfront for UCertify.

Has anyone used either and liked 1 better?

Comments

• Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No experience with either, but I have only seen bad reviews regarding Certmaster products and exams for CySA+.

I'm pretty pleased with my personal curriculum and am halfway into its studies. Basically 2 Udemy courses, 1 Safaribooks course, 1 textbook, and 6-months access to the Cybrary.it labs. Cybrary.it is a middle man for practice-labs.com

Total cost: $120
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The only benefit of Certmaster is if you buy the bundles where you get the retake. Otherwise, I find it to be pretty weak study method -- I basically look at them like flash cards.
  • Options
    snake.plisskensnake.plissken Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    just passed my CSA+ on the 9th ... udem and the csa+study guide..
  • Options
    ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
    While not for CSA+, I've used both UCertify and Certmaster. I think UCertify study materials are a bit more in-depth, so probably a better choice. I used Certmaster to drill for Sec+ when Certmaster first came out, and while it was OK to use to reinforce material I'd been studying, I found it to be lightweight for test preparation. I had read a couple books for Sec+ and done a lot of practice exams, then expected Certmaster to be a good challenge, but it was mostly light review of the basic Sec+ topics. The repetition in Certmaster was probably helpful, but I certainly would not use it as a primary study tool
  • Options
    jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would prefer ucertify more as it offers interactive activities, simulators, and virtual labs that help in the better understanding of the topics. Also, the users can interact with the course features and the content helps in meeting user needs and education outcomes.