Options

Couple of questions

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
I have noticed, while studying for the Security+ exam, that several sources seem to contradict each other, or disagree.

1. The Exam Cram book states that users may only be assigned one role. However, the Preplogic exam states that users may be assigned multiple roles. Which is true in regards to what the exam expects?

2. The Preplogic exam states that 802.11b is faster than any of the other stated standards, one of which was 802.11a. Seeing as how 802.11a is 54Mbps on 5Ghz, and 802.11b is up to 11Mbps on 2.4Ghz, how is B faster than A?

I hope it is not too much trouble to answer these, so please un-confuse me, so to speak.

thank you in advance.
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    1. The Exam Cram book states that users may only be assigned one role. However, the Preplogic exam states that users may be assigned multiple roles. Which is true in regards to what the exam expects?

2. The Preplogic exam states that 802.11b is faster than any of the other stated standards, one of which was 802.11a. Seeing as how 802.11a is 54Mbps on 5Ghz, and 802.11b is up to 11Mbps on 2.4Ghz, how is B faster than A?

1. Well im not exactly sure in what they mean by "role". So i cannot be of any help there.

2. 802.11a is faster than 802.11b. Possibly it was meaning to say that 802.11b is the fastest in the 2.4ghz range. For security+ since it has not been updated, 802.11b would be the fastest in the 2.4 range but todays standards 802.11g is the fastest in 2.4ghz range.

if you give a little more information on the "role" question i might be able to help. many times people are confused when they start learning all the access control model (mac, dac, etc)
  • Options
    doogleassdoogleass Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry dude, i dont understand it either. sometimes that is the problem when using multiple sources.
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    In answer to your queries there are several opinions to the first part. I believe that it really depends on what one is talking about - in a role based system one can only have one role - however that role can be multi level. A good example of this is the built in groups in Windows - user / power user / administrator ... the power user also has the 'user' role but is not really in the group - same as the administrator has the
    abilities of a user or a power user, plus other abilities.

As far as 802.11 a / b - They both came out at the same time. 802.11a is faster but has a higher cost so 802.11b kind of became the default.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Thank you for the replies. In respect to the first question, I was indeed talking about RBAC. As I mentioned, Exam Cram stated that under a RBAC scenario, users may only be assigned one role. As RusS mentioned, I believe this is correct.

I will be taking the exam either at the end of June or the beginning of July, and am EXTREMELY nervous. I am going over the objectives one by one, and taking notes next to each. I really want to pass this one, but I have this overwhelming feeling, like there's a black cloud over me, and I am going to fail...I hope I do good.
    Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University
  • Options
    rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks like your skipping a cert. I hope you didnt buy your voucher yet or get too far into your Security+ studies because of the advice Im about to give. You should probably go for your Network+ first as this is a great intro to Security+.

I would go for N+ first then Security+ then server+ then start on either the MCP certs or Cisco.

My path is N+. Sec+, Serv+, MCP, Cisco, Cisco Firewalls. I might also go back and complete A+ and Linux+.

Whats your cert path? :)