Options

Failed with 732 :(

lightweightlightweight Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I took the test yesterday after studying for the CISSP for a couple months, and then switching over to security+ for about a month. I used Exam Cram book and test book, along with cbt nuggets videos and preplogic audio lecture series (not recommended) along with test king questions) I studied about 1hr a day and a couple hours on the weekends. I have about 10 yrs in IT and this is my first cert test.

I went through the test once and marked the ones I wasnt sure of, and ended up with 22 marked icon_sad.gif . There were about 60 that were no-brainers, 20 that required some thought, but not too difficult, and 20 that either I have not seen before, or the wording was horrible. Even after coming home and researching some of the questions, I am still unable to find the clear answers to come questions icon_sad.gif
The frustrating part is the questions where you know the info, but not sure what they are looking for exactly. I got questions wrong in 18 different areas, so I have to just go back over every section. To be honest I wouldnt have been surprised if I passed with a great score, or failed like I did. I am going to hit it again in 2 weeks.
Yesterday was HORRIBLE for me, first I failed this test, then came home and my daughter had to get 2 teeth pulled and was in pain, then our transfer requests to transfer to a better school got rejected by the school board, and on top of all that my favorite basketball team lost in OT in game 7 to the MAVS...... oh well at least today can only get better. Wish me luck guys.

Comments

• Options
    DarkboxerDarkboxer Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear about the bad day for you. Hope you get everything straightened out and get a pass next time around.
  • Options
    rbowmanrbowman Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sounds like you have a low pressure system hanging over your head. Check the weather channel before heading out. And your right...with a day like that theres no way it can get any worse; only better.

I also hear that Sec+ is one of the harder ones. On a scale from 1 to 10, 1 being Network+ and 10 being a Cisco cert, that Sec+ ranks somewhere above 5. I am also seeing a lot more thread in this forum with the titles "I failed" then in the Network+ forums.

From the looks of the Certification: box under your name this is your first cert. I suggest cutting your teeth on Network+ first as it is a great intro to Security+ and a great intro to taking CompTIA certs in general.