Renewing my CEH

SDeeSDee Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
My CEH has got suspended due to not meeting CPE requirements, I thought about letting it just expire but realized that the exam prices has risen and decided to renew it by passing another exam.

The thing is I don't want to spend much on the exam I want to renew my CEH with, so looking for something that has a good amount of material available online with minimal exam price. Certified Network Defender seemed to be excellent and should be easy to acquire but I couldn't find any preparation material! I am not into Forensics..

Suggestions? Help on CND study resources?

Comments

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ". . . Suspended members that subsequently meet the 120 ECE credit requirements within the specified 12 months deadline from the date of the expiry of the 3 year time frame will be reinstated as a member in good standing . . . "

I don't think CND is forensics. I think it's sort of like SANS GCED and is focused on net defense/blue teamy type of stuff.
    Why don't you just do 120 credits of training courses, videos, reading books, etc.? That would cost FREE vs. sinking $350 into challenging a cert that from a HR perspective no one cares about anyway.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • ElegyxElegyx Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't touch the CND from them. Do a search for that cert and no employer is looking for it.
  • j1mggj1mgg Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am in a similar boat, but let it expire because i never ever log into the portal. Is it worth renewing (passed my GCIA last jan, and have GCIH coming up), not sure how much the fee is or what you get for it.

I always assumed the cert was looked down upon, apart from HR people.
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I understand a lot of people do not like the CEH but employers very much so ask for this cert:

March 16th - Indeed.com - 2,766 jobs
    March 16th - Linkedin - 3,287 jobs

GCIH - Indeed - 1,670
    GCIH - Linkedin - 1,740

Of course some of them will be duplicates but there are more jobs asking for the CEH than any GIAC certification. Obviously if an employer is informed, they will have GIAC certifications in a high regard.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I understand a lot of people do not like the CEH but employers very much so ask for this cert:

March 16th - Indeed.com - 2,766 jobs
    March 16th - Linkedin - 3,287 jobs

GCIH - Indeed - 1,670
    GCIH - Linkedin - 1,740

Of course some of them will be duplicates but there are more jobs asking for the CEH than any GIAC certification. Obviously if an employer is informed, they will have GIAC certifications in a high regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GoCvuu0dlQ
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    President of the ECHC (EC Council Haters Club) chiming in.

As much as I hate it the truth is that some employers require CEH. If you see yourself working for one of those, you want to keep it active. I let my EC Council certs expire becuase there's no possible way I would work for any institution that demands these certs.
  • packetphilterpacketphilter Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maybe you can apply for the CNDA, which you essentially just get for having a CEH: https://cert.eccouncil.org/images/doc/CNDA-Application-Form.pdf

Then turn around and get 120 ECE credits for the CNDA?