A+ 901 Passed

dirish9dirish9 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just finished the A+ 901 test on Friday with a 707, completing this for WGU. I plan on studying for 902 for a couple weeks before taking it.Study Recommendations: I used Ucertify mostly, i read the chapters mostly to cover material i was unfamiliar with and then did all the practice tests, pre assessment, post assessment and a couple generic labs. I also watched the mike meyers videos of udemy.

Comments

• D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm hoping to take my 902 test in March/April
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • ThePawofRizzoThePawofRizzo Member Posts: 389 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • dirish9dirish9 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UPDATE: Took 902 Friday 3/16 and passed. I found 902 easier than 901, maybe I was just given easier questions but I found the situational questions easier than the specific hardware specification questions. I used mostly Ucertify again for practice questions/sims and also used Professor Messer/Mike Meyers videos. The simulations are the hardest part but Ucertify prepared me well for them.
  • SouljackerSouljacker Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hardware questions are harder to study for because of sheer exposure. The folks who write questions often pull from experience and if you haven't had a lot of experience with the metal (depth and breadth of a lot machines) then you might struggle more than you would with the software that everyone has handled a whole lot. Later on when you've put your hands on a lot of machines you will look back and say, "oh yea. I would have asked that too."

A pass is a pass, and congrats on this accomplishment!
  • jazz_01jazz_01 Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great... Congratulations!icon_thumright.gif
  • D20D20 Member Posts: 124 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congradulations! I've been studying really hard for my 902. Strangely enough i'm more nervous about the 902 than the 901 for some reason...
    Certifications: A+ Sec+ isc(2) CC Google Cybersecurity Certification 2024 Goals: Pass the Network+ Exam
  • Rosco2382Rosco2382 Member Posts: 205 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just started WGU and because my A+ was long expired, I have to take this course. I did the pre-assessment, to my dismay I got 75%. I'm hoping to brush up on the course work in about a week or two and knock out the 901.

Congrats on your success!
  • xagreusxagreus Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, dirish9! Thanks for sharing what helped you have success.

And best wishes, D20 and Rosco2382!
    A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, CCNA, ITIL 2011 Foundation, AWS CCP, ISC2 CC, MS SC-900, MS AZ-900
    2024 goals: AZ-900, Cloud+, Palo Alto PCNSA, CyberOps Associate, DevNet Associate, Project+
  • dirish9dirish9 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone for the support! And good luck to those taking A+. Onto SSCP and then Net+.